Workers’ compensation is the oldest social insurance program; it was adopted in most states during the second decade of the 20th century. It is a no-fault system, meaning that injured employees need not prove the injury was someone else’s fault in order to receive workers’ compensation benefits for an on-the-job injury. In fact many injury claims are falsified or exaggerated and may not have even occurred on the job. As a business owner workers compensation protection is vital and CCTV is a great way to protect your business against false claims.
Carelessness, recklessness, and a general disregard for safety, rules, and procedures are accountable for more than 50% of the workers compensation claims in the United States.
- On an average day in the U.S., 17,000 workers are injured.
- Costing the US economy more than $110 billion per year.
- A total of 5.2 million injuries were reported in private industry workplaces according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- 2.6 million of the injured required recuperation away from work.
- Workers compensation insurance premiums average 2%-3% of payroll.
- Workplace injury and illness stemming form substance abuse cost more than $100 billion a year.
- 70% or illegal drug users are employed.
- Alcohol related problems cause more than 500 million lost work days per year.
- Drug and drinking related problems are 1 of the leading causes for the rise in workplace violence.
The implementation of a custom designed digital video surveillance system:
- Promotes adherence to safety policies and procedures and can be used to monitor and insure that all policies are followed to avoid injuries and claims.
- In the event an injury does occur, it provides pre-accident and post-accident recorded evidence for determining the cause and effect of any such injury and subsequent worker compensation claim.
- Provides undisputable evidence of what exactly did or did not occur thus promoting honest communication between all parties involved.
- Assures parties involved that the process is positive, and legitimate thus promoting a successful outcome, which limits and prevents costly litigation down the road.