Video Surveillance is the perfect security solution for hotels, motels, resorts and other types of paid lodging. With the demand for hotel rooms and space constantly increasing, the security of guests, hotel property and employees has become more important than ever. A carefully designed system of security cameras can help secure any hotel or resort and give its guests the peace of mind they deserve.
How Hotel Video Surveillance can be Beneficial
- Security – Video surveillance helps keep guests safe from theft and other criminal activity by helping track visitors and prevent break-ins on hotel property.
- Prevent theft – Security cameras can help keep intruders out of exclusive hotel areas like swimming pools and gyms where theft is common. A surveillance system in the store room and other maintenance areas can uncover employee theft.
- Stop Food Service and Bar shrink - Video surveillance in the dinning room, kitchen and bar areas dramatically reduces loss of food and alcohol as well as linen supplies and flatware. Monitor POS with a fixed camera equipped with audio allows owners to see cash transactions as well as hear what is happening.
- Remain competitive – Along with providing security, a professional video surveillance system gives guests peace of mind while staying at your hotel, and can help you increase a hotel’s return business thereby remaining competitive in an aggressive market.
- Customer Service – Being able to watch and listen to employee interaction with guests is an excellent tool for ongoing customer service training.
- Remote monitoring – The DVR (Digital Video Recorder) creates the ability to access live or recorded surveillance pictures over the internet. This breakthrough in surveillance technology allows you to monitor any of the cameras, from any location, at any time from any Internet connection, giving instant security updates.
- Place cameras near entrances and exits in order to get a clear picture of each guest, visitor, employee and vendor or service provider.
- Cameras in open areas like lobbies, pools, dining room, bar area and meeting rooms can help prevent petty theft as well as document, for liability purposes, issues arising from accidents and slip and falls.
- Cameras on all POS, liquor pantry, receiving area for food and supplies drastically reduce employee theft and increases productivity.
- Cameras placed around a hotel’s perimeter can help secure the building and facilities from unauthorized entry.